Our vision is a vibrant democracy in South Africa with a robust and sustainable civil society and higher education sector, supported by a strong local philanthropic movement, rooted in the African cultural heritage of sharing.
Our mission is to help build a strong, stable civil society and democracy in South Africa by contributing to the development of sustainable organisations and institutions. We do this through the development of effective grantseeking and grantmaking practices, and through capacity development in the higher education and non-profit sectors in South Africa, and on the African continent. We also work to increase corporate and individual social giving through promoting dialogue, sharing information, and providing support services to facilitate sustainable philanthropic ventures that have lasting impact.
- Respect - we believe all people should be treated with respect and we value diversity & being inclusive
- Informed Risk Taking - we are about ADVANCEMENT, pioneering philanthropy and cultivating personal growth & development
- Commitment - we are committed, you can count on us
- Honesty & Integrity - our honesty & integrity makes us trustworthy
- Fairness - we believe in having a fair and just culture at Inyathelo